It's been so long since I've used this posting format. For years I was updating my site at Houseofstirfry and just abandoned this Blogger site. After a while the other site became outdated, as it was written in old school html. The whole thing needed to be updated with more efficient and secure coding but it was so large that I decided it just wasn't worth my time to continue with it. The majority of my content had already been copied and was being being passed along via sites like Pinterest, which didn't even redirect people to my site. Heck, even my original (and free) templates were being sold as a DVD collection on eBay by someone I didn't know. I decided it was time to move on and let the internet presence fade away.

I've kept moving with paper arts, evolving from a primary stamping vibe to one based on die cutting. I follow some of the talented groups on Facebook, and meet regularly with a local group of crafters. Lately I've been thinking about reactivating the old site and thought I'd start by sharing here while I figure out if I really want to rebuild a site from the ground up. I don't think it will be the resource that Houseofstirfy once was, but more of a sharing platform similar to what I can do on Facebook. So why not Facebook? I'm not a fan of the way they decide that you want everyone to know your business, and that you want to know everything that people you know are doing. I'd like something a bit smaller and more personal. So I'll start sharing some things here and see where that takes me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punchinella Stencils